Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st. Day of School


Well the big day came. Tyler and Kara started Kindergarten. They were pretty excited to go when Monday came. The morning went well. Tanner and Kate stayed home with my mom. We said our good-bys to Jason and away we went. Everything was going good until I said good by to Tyler. He stared to cry and wanted to give me one last kiss. He just melted my heart. Once I was out the door he was just fine. So this year we have no pictures of tears we just have pictures of big smiles. It feels kind of weird having kids in school. I remember my first day of Kindergarten and now I have kids in school. A new chapter in our lives and I know God will guide us through it all. Today was the first day They road the bus. It only takes us about 3 minutes to walk to our stop. They were ready to go with their backpacks and new shoes. We get to wave to quite a few people because our stop is right on one of the main roads that everyone takes to school. They were ready to get on the bus and then Tyler turned around and looked at me with big alligator tears and said he did not want to go. Oh my was this hard for me. Poor Jason had to pick him up and put him on the first step of the bus. Away they went, Tanner and Kate waving away as they left and moms eyes filling with tears. They day went slow for me but I seemed like it went fast for them. When they got off the bus in the afternoon I don't thing they could of had a bigger smile. I have to say that I sure did miss them during the day. But I know we are all blessed to have them in a Christian school. I know they will have a wonderful year with their teacher Mrs. Ritzema.

No comments: